frequently asked questions
We have compiled some our most often asked and popular questions if there is something you don't see here please contact us.
What is the admission?
- Admission to view the gallery and to enter the building is free. Most classes do have an admission for participation.
What are your hours?
- Monday thru Saturday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- We are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.
- Please contact us in regards to Memorial Day, Labor Day and 4th of July, we make that decision each year based upon the needs and other activities in our community.
Why aren't you open seven days a week?
- Crossroads has one full time staff member, and two part time staff members and a large number of wonderful volunteers. We all choose to live in Baker City and Eastern Oregon for our amazing quality of life of the beautiful landscape we call home. It is important to us that our staff has adequate rest time. If we have a groundswell of request to be open on Sunday and adequate volunteers to man the building it is always something we will consider.
So what's the difference between member and non-member rates?
- Crossroads was founded as a membership based organization. We offer our members perks for maintaining their membership with us, which includes reduced rates on classes.
How much is a membership?
- We have a wide variety of membership rates starting as low as $20.00 a year for seniors and students, $35.00 for an individual, and $50.00 for a family. We also have numerous membership levels that help our members make a more significant contribution to our organization. Please view our Membership Page to start or renew your membership online.
Why do you have a membership?
- First, in 1963 when Crossroads was founded it was created as a membership based organization. Second, grant funders are willing to help pay for lots of things in a non-profit-BUT- they don't normally pay for salary or utilities. Our membership dollars are some of the few dollars we receive every year that have no specific strings attached. It is vital for us to keep our doors open!
What if I want to take a class but I can't afford it?
- We are fortunate to have the Hand-To-Heart Scholarship fund at Crossroads that allows men and women, adults and children to access funding to help them pay for classes that they might not be able to afford them. We do ask that if possible, everyone contribute to their class experience in some way. That can be pay part of the tuition. It can also mean that you can become a volunteer shopkeeper, bring food for First Friday, mop floors, fold newsletters or contribute in whatever way you can. If you have any questions please contact Crossroads or speak with your teacher. Please view our Forms Lkbrary to fill out a scholarship application, which can be turned in to the front desk at Crossroads.