Children's classes - COVID 19 Guidelines
Crossroads Carnegie Art Center
Children’s Camps and Classes
In our effort to maintain the health and safety of our staff and guests, and adhere to current OHA guidelines
- Insure the cleanliness and sanitation of all facilities.
- Check in all participants (for classes at Crossroads this will be at the downstairs door nearest the gate off of 2nd street.) Check in will include recording child’s name, parent contact phone number, temperature and responses to wellness check questions. (In accordance with OHA guidelines for children’s day camps)
- Escort students to class and have student use hand sanitizer.
- Provide individual space for each child to keep their water bottle and other personal items.
- Monitor adherence to social distancing as well as facial touching. (Due to COVID 19 concerns, children will be directed to wash their hands whenever they have hands in their mouth, nose etc.)
- Properly clean all items and tools used in class. Whenever possible these items will not be shared between students.
- Escort students to dismissal site after use of hand sanitizer.
- Sign child up for class – preferably online for contactless payment. If you are a member, be sure to log in to your account to receive your discount. If necessary, we can take payment over the phone. Any payment with cash or check needs to be placed in an envelope.
- Fill out new registration participation form (also available online) must include emergency contact information. We are currently updating all this information.
- Discuss social distancing rules as well as the need to not touch your face with children before coming to Crossroads.
- Help child prepare for class by having hair up and out of the face and removing all jewelry. This helps keep the child’s hands off the face. Remind child that unnecessary items do not need to come to Crossroads. Paint shirts are no longer provided by Crossroads so if you would like your child to wear one you will need to send it with them.
- Insure the wellness of their child before drop off at Crossroads.
- Assist with child’s check in at the 2nd street check in point. Please maintain social distancing while waiting your child’s turn.
- Be available to pick child up if needed during class and arrive promptly at dismissal time. All children will be escorted to the front (Auburn Street) entrance for dismissal.
- Communicate with Crossroads any concerns you have about your child’s wellbeing. (Examples might be: Anxiety about COVID 19, difficulties with the change in school, concerns about the family, etc.) Also please let us know if your child becomes ill while participating or shortly after participating in a Crossroads class.
- As part of following OHA guidelines we ask parents that wish to wait for their child either wait in their car, on the lawn or in the courtyard (while maintaining social distance).
- Arrive to Crossroads ready for class – dressed in appropriate clothing so changing is not necessary. Hair pulled up and jewelry removed.
- Use the restroom before arrival to limit the need for use of that public space.
- Place all personal items, including water bottle labeled with name, in designated space. (Personal items are only items necessary for class – no toys)
- Maintain social distance (as much as this disappoints us all – no hugs for friends and instructors)
- Keep hands off of face to avoid the spread of germs.
Although face coverings are recommended by OHA, we cannot require children to wear them. If your child is wearing a face covering to Crossroads please instruct them of the proper usage at home. Additional guidelines may be communicated for individual classes. These guidelines may change as deemed necessary by OHA and Baker County. For current OHA guidelines for Children’s Day Camps visit https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le2357.pdf