Annual April Open Theme Show 2021
April 2, 2021- May 1, 2021
Puzzle defined by the American Heritage Dictionary.
tr. v. 1. To cause uncertainty and indecision in; perplex. 2. To clarify or solve by reasoning or study.
intr. v. 1. To be perplexed. 2. To ponder over a problem in order to solve or understand it.
n. 1. Something that puzzles. 2. A toy, game, or testing device that tests ingenuity. 3. The condition of being perplexed; bewilderment. Puzzle implies presenting an intricate, difficult but solvable problem perplex: Synonyms: 'Perplex’ stresses uncertainty or anxiety over reaching a decision or solution. ‘Mystify’ is to puzzle by purposely obscuring or concealing facts. ‘Bewilder’ emphasizes not only perplexity but extreme confusion of the mind. ‘Confound’ strongly implies astonishment. ‘Baffle’ is to outwit or frustrate by puzzling.
Crossroads invites you to the Annual Open Theme Show, “Puzzle.” The theme is open to all mediums and artists with their interpretation of "Puzzle." From abstract thinking to literal definition. The year 2020 was a puzzling time and moving forward in a new direction Crossroads would like to exhibit the past reflections and how it has influenced artists.
• Only Accepting Artwork: Monday, March 29, 2021 from 10:00am-5:00pm
*Unfortunately we are unable to accept late entries
• First Friday Reception: Friday, April 2, 2021 from 10:00am-8:00pm
• Show Dates: April 2nd – May 1st
• Close of Show: May 1st
• Pick-up Unsold Artwork: Monday, May 3, 2021 from 10:00am-5:00pm
Rules and Guidelines
• Crossroads is open to professional and amateur artists aged 18 and older with their completed Exhibit Contract and entry fee.
• We are accepting up to 3 pieces of artwork from each artist.
• Entry Fee: $20 for members and $25 for non-members.
• A “People’s Choice” award of $100 will be selected during the opening reception.
• Crossroads will need an image of each item submitted. Images will be used to promote the show on our website and as a reasonable accommodation for those who cannot attend in person. This will be the new norm. Images should be 72dpi or no more than 10" on the longest side in jpg format. Please label images in order of first choice with name and title (01.Last Name. First Name.Title.jpg) to email@example.com along with any questions or concerns.
• Paintings must be dry and appropriately presented, mounted or framed, ready to hang with D-rings and wire attached. No saw tooth or uni-frame hangers hangers will be accepted.
• Work submitted must be of original design, of high quality and to the best of artists’ knowledge not violate any copyright laws.
• Work that is manufactured, imported, reproductions made from kits or under the supervision of an instructor is not eligible.
• All items must be available for sale. This will be the norm for all open shows in the future. There is a 30% commission for Crossroads member artists and a 40% commission for non-members. Click here to renew your membership.
• If artwork is over 50 lbs. or over 40”x40”, please make arrangements with gallery prior to March 12, 2021.
• The Gallery Committee reserves the right to refuse any artwork which is inconsistent with the general quality of the exhibit. If there are more entries than space allows, it may be necessary to limit the number of works per artist shown. All artwork will be handled with reasonable care.
If you have any questions regarding the show please contact Crystal Rainwater at 541.523.5369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Crossroads Carnegie Art Center
2020 Auburn Avenue
Baker City, OR 97814
Hours: 10:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Saturday